- Manage and maintain the MD’s diary.
- Organise inbound emails into the appropriate folders and any relevant information to be copied into the correct file on the hard drive;
- Respond to emails dealing with appointments;
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary;
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and direct reports
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the MD match his requirements.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in.
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
- Keep and retrieve files.
- Ensure guests meeting with the MD are well taken care of.
- Provide a service that is in line with the MD’s work habits and preferences.
- HND or Degree in Secretaryship
- 5 years PA/secretarial experience at a senior level
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on one’s feet
- Shorthand and excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy essential
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional telephone manners
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Bright, confident personality
- Well presented
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised