- Register and contract new farmers and farmer Associations.
- Help generate and update farm/farmer documentation (sketch maps using data collected with GPS, update contracts and farm entrance forms of farmers, etc.)
- Support farmers to maintain record keeping documentation.
- Support in the formation and strengthening of the various farmer Associations.
- Support in farmer training/education i.e. sensitization, technical advice and facilitate information sharing between farmers and Serendipalm.
- Conduct internal and risk-based inspections.
- Provide extension support to farmers to ensure increased productivity and conformity to Social and Fair Trade (SFT) and organic regulations with reference to the Serendipalm Quality Manual.
- Provide technical advice to farmers who are registered with Serendipalm ICS, on good agricultural management practices in oil palm (newly planted and existing), Cocoa, etc.
- Conduct harvest monitoring as well as spot checks- investigate issues of potential fraud as needed.
- Shall encourage Serendipalm Grower Group farmers to supply quality Fresh Fruit Bunches (FFBs) in both peak and lean seasons.
- Ensure organic and fair trade integrity.
- Collect data where necessary, and also provide support to the ICS Manager etc. in data entry, analysis and reporting.
- Experience on research in crop protection in cocoa
- Background in entomology
- Shall carry out other assignments as requested by management.
Required qualifications (must haves):
- A formal qualification in Agricultural Science at Diploma or Bachelors levels.
- Graduates from reputable Agricultural Colleges is an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant employment in agriculture preferably working with oil palm and/or cocoa farmers.
- Practical farm experience is an added advantage.
- Self-driven, motivated, team-oriented and able to communicate and work with colleagues in a productive and open style
- Ability to analyze a problem and select practical solutions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and a proactive approach to effective communication in Twi and English are a must.
- Willingness to undergo training on organic agriculture for at least six months.
- Willingness to relocate full time to Asuom, Eastern Region
- Basic computer skills (email, MS Office.)