DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains and repairs various HVAC/Electrical issues.
- Repairing the building HVAC equipment in order to extend the useful life of the equipment while reducing overall life cycle costs. • Conducting regular & routine hands-on inspections (preventative maintenance) of HVAC systems equipment to verify proper operation and identifying potential maintenance issues early or to trouble shoot problems when necessary and prior to requesting a service call from the contractor when possible
- Determining root cause of equipment malfunctions and create solutions for long term preventative maintenance to reduce equipment failure
- Implementing corrective actions to resolve equipment problems in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting and repairing VAV/VRH units, heat pumps, electric unit heaters, AHUs, ACUs, split systems, boilers, exhaust fans and minor ductwork
- Assisting lead HVAC tech in identify potential improvements / strategies which improve operational efficiency without negative impact to building occupants.
- Assisting as required during new construction, facility renovation or code compliance projects in order to maintain continuity of controls and monitoring through the building automation system (BAS)
- Providing constant updates of issues or concerns which may be present with HVAC systems or equipment
- Performing seasonal start up and shutdown of heating and air-conditioning equipment, making adjustments as seasonal demands and changes in occupied space utilization occur.